Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just call me Ace of Cakes.


BWAHAHAHAHAHA! JK!

I did my first cake ( that was actually for something!) this past weekend. It was my sweet cousin Ashtin's 12th birthday. SO I used the oppertunity to practice. My family is always so supportive of what ever hobby it is I'm doing this week. Haha. So I decided to go with a pink and black theme. I decided to go with a 10 inch round for the bottom layer and a 6 inch round for the top. I wanted it to be very girly.

I took a few pics with my phone, and have some on Aunt Marcy's camera I will steal and put on here, those came out really good.






 

I will be happy to get the better pics up. But this is just a gist of the idea.

Still they are NOT perfect! But it will take lots and lots of practice to get there. I have found that the bigger the cake, the easier it is with the fondant. And I have found that 2 sets of hands are easier than just one. You have to be kinda fast with the fondant before it gets hard. But I did it! Now having said that, it doesn't mean I wasn't blowing Melissa's phone up with pictures for her suggestions. And boy I'm glad that I did! So I have to give thanks to her. And also to my cousin Eva. She has started with the cake baking/decorating for some time now. She does some amazing work! But I got alot of wonderful tips from her!

Anyways, I just wanted to put up a few pics of my first real cakes. I didn't even taste them ( i'm not a fan of the fondant) but I think they were ok. -- I just tell everyone that I am sorry if they aren't the best tasting, but they are really just edible decorations! :-)

I'm working on some more now. Gonna try and do some fillings for this one that is due on Friday. It's again for Ashtin's birthday with her friends. Gonna do something a little different. I'm thinking 2 or 3 layers, and lots of different colors. Kinda hippy like. SHe seems to be in to all that, so I will go with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment