Friday, February 19, 2010

Eighty Twenty.

 

This is how I try to live life. I feel like, no matter how hard we try, we are human. We fail. We can't be 100% all the time. We are not super-people! 
I originally heard this when Cindy Crawford was on Rachel Ray one day and she said that she eats 80% healthy, 80% of the time. I immediately found comfort in this! Like WOO HOO that's 20% of FREEDOM.

Well, I try to somewhat keep this in mind when making food, or going to eat or whatever. I feel like our lifestyle should be positive in most ways 80%, 80% of the time. I think that if we try to make it 100% all the time, we are only setting ourselves up for dissapointment. And I think that it's like we aren't giving our self any room to " rebel " at all. Like wearing pants that only allow you to stand. You'd get tired of standing pretty quick.

I was cleaning my house today and I walked in to my " craft " room, and was just over whelmed. I thought to myself, " I keep most of the house really clean, why can't I have a messy room" So there you have it. I have my " messy " room. I can't do it all ALL the time. 
So I'm learning a day at a time to just relax, and give myself some wiggle room!  Plus, the " craft " room is working on MULTIPLE crafts right now, and I wouldn't have anywhere to put them if it were clean. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment