Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day of Loooooove

 

Today is a day of LOVE. It's so wonderful having a valentine. I know that it's just a silly holiday where men start freaking out last minute, b/c he hasn't gotten anything for his lady. But I think it's the simplicity of the day that makes it so great. Just take a day to remember the one that you love. And if you aren't in a relationship, then love on your family. Send cards out to all of your loved ones. Or surprise your parents with some flowers, and just tell them you love them. 
I'm so thankful that I have my husband to share my life with. I was just telling him, that he really does keep me grounded. And sane. I am a somewhat high strung person, and sometimes get a little over anxious, and he's just calm and laid back. He will just tell me that it's Okay and it will be here tomorrow, and I can always work on it then. 
This is our 7th Valentines to spend together. 

He works so hard during the week and never gets a chance to take time for himself. So I got him a massage with his favorite massage therapist. She quit doing them for a while, and as soon as I heard she was back in action, I got him an appointment with her. He was so thankful for it, since he can't remember the last time that he had an hour to do nothing. ( he got it early) So this morning I just sat out a cute little coffee mug with a frog in it that says " be mine " .... I grabbed a little pink puppy dog for the baby she keeps giving him kisses.

I on the other hand am so excited about my gift!


Since having Anisten,  I've been wanting to start a " charm " bracelet. I think that it's a great way to remember events, occasions and special things. So Scott got me a simple, dainty ( he knows my style) bracelet, and my first charm. A very simple sweet heart. I am sooooo excited about it b/c I'm hoping that each holiday, I will get new ones to add to it, and eventually need to get another bracelet! I'm not a jewelry wearer at all. I guess b/c of my job, it's hard for me to be. But I usually have on my wedding rings and I used to wear my favorite james avery necklace,




but with a small child that's about impossible! That's about it! I think the older I get the more I want permanent reminders of special things.  I hope that everyone has a wonderful DAY OF LOVE and that you are grateful for all those you have to love!


No comments:

Post a Comment