Monday, August 1, 2011

How will I handle 2?

6/14/11

Today was a hard day. Anisten is either cutting teeth, or growing, or something! She has been such a grump. It's been very very trying on me. I have a lot of patience with her most days. But today, she was just melting down over every little thing, and just off balance.

I woke up feeling EXHAUSTED. Ain't that something? I got a full 9 hours of sleep and felt like a mac truck hit me. I skipped my run (sorry Carrie) after getting completely dressed, and laid back down on the couch closest to the guest bathroom. Just in case my stomach was going to do what I thought it was going to do. I was grouchy and just plain wanted to crawl back in bed! Today was the first day I really felt like, "how am I going to do this?"

It's one thing to learn to adjust to put myself after her, once she was born. The things I used to do, I don't. Or have to modify.

But this wasn't a matter of me being selfish, just wanting time for myself. This is a matter of me trying to keep my cookies down, and feeling like I've taken 5 benedryls, only to chase around a demanding, grumpy 2 year old.

I know there will be great days. But I also know there will be not so great days. Like today. Just another memory that I'd like to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment