Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ducky Cake

This is the cake that I found  on the internet that I liked.... I like the idea of the ducky with the bubbles and such.



So I used that as a place to start...

I found out from the AMAZING host what colors and decor she was using. She told me it was multicolor, cirlces and polka dots...

So this is what I came up with!
The top layer is chocolate with strawberry/cream cheese filling... And the bottom layer is yellow cake with lemon icing filling!


So anyways it was about a whole day's (on and off) work. But I have been planning and thinking about what I should do for about 5-6 weeks now. So that makes it easy when I have the time to plan for it.

I have a few more events coming up that will help with practice... After all this is only my 3rd cake, so I will need it.

I will say, that this was alot more work than usual b/c I ( with a TON OF HELP from my husband) made the fondant. It's actually marshmellow fondant. So it taste TONS better. And I made my own butter cream icing which tastes so much better too. The MMfondant was a little different to work with, but with practice I think that I will get it down easier and easier.

I'll post some pics of the whole shower later.

2 comments:

  1. One of these days i'm going to have to see what I can do with some fondant. I'm scared though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Let me know when you are ready to start, I will give you a few tips on getting started, and some things that I've learned that would have saved me a ton of time and energy if I'd known when I started ( a whole 3 months ago LOL)

    ReplyDelete