Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day with my family





Of course we woke up to a wonderful white Christmas! The only down side to that was, I was afraid I might have to spend Christmas Day alone since Scott was working. We had our families to visit, and I had planned to go to mine and when he was off we would go to his Aunt's house afterwards. Well with the snow, I was a little hesitant to go anywhere. I must say that I am very proud of the dodge. She got me there very safely. It took me about 40 minutes to get to Leonard. But we made it safely!!

As soon as we got there, we felt the excitement of Christmas day. Being there with my little cousins and the baby, everyone was just so excited!
Anisten's parent was almost immediately putting together toys ( tickle me elmo) when we walked in the door. And he also found all the little nut cracker singing toys ( really like 5 of them) and sat them down in front of her and they all played and sang together. Over. And over.






Uncle Wayne was smoking the ham and frying the turkey ( which both came out soooooo yummy!) and Blaise was buzzing to open gifts! .... So we let him and A open a few before we all exchanged gifts.

 
We had some delicious food!!! Baked mac and cheese, candied yams, green bean casserole, GUMBO, turkey, ham, rolls, oyster dressing.  This is my families version of a LIGHT meal. And I LOVE IT!!! It was great! The baby had her own food. Some sweet potatoes and pears. A little bread and ham. Later she had a banana for a snack. So needless to say she didn't go with out! Well maybe with out a nap. But considering that she didn't get one all day she did amazing.
So we went ahead later and exchanged gifts.



 

We had such a great day. Even though we were " snowed in" and didn't make it to our other family Christmas, we had a great time. I don't know how long it's been since I've went to my family's house and just spent the day out there.

Anisten was WAYYYYY tuckered out! We put her in her pj's before coming home so that she could just go straight to bed! And that she did!

I'm a little sad for Christmas to be over. Yesterday as I was cleaning up, I didn't want to pick up the stockings, or any decorations. I guess you know it was such a great thing when you don't want it to end! But none the less we have plenty more to look forward too. And I have a feeling it's only going to get better!







No comments:

Post a Comment