I'm learning that the crock pot is my best friend right now! Really, as a working mama it really has made my life so much easier!
- I can cook in the middle of the day while I still have lots of energy
- I can feed Anisten earlier, and Daddy will still have hot food when he gets home.
- Dinner is made even if I'm working late.
- A lot of my recipes call for the same ingredients.
- I can make enough to freeze for another meal, in a few weeks!
Red Beans and Rice- a family favorite!
Chicken Noodle Soup- Great for 12 degree weather.
Southwest Chicken White Chili- A new recipe. It's actually a stove top recipe, but I am gonna make it a slow cooked recipe.
Pork Loin in Mushroom gravy with Rice- Made this last night! Served it over rice, with smashed red potatoes, and spagetti squash! YUMMY! This WILL be a regular in my house.
I also like BBQ pork loin - Served on hoagies/buns for sandwhiches.
Chicken Veggie medely.
I'd like to get my hands on a few others that I've tried, like:
- Balsamic Roast
- Lima Beans
- Regular old pot roast - I've not yet mastered it !
What are some that you like? And what are some of your winter meals?
Since it's only the 3 of us, we always have left overs, for the next day or to freeze.
Recipes to follow!
I have found so many recipes on some of your blogs, so I want to share some of mine(or the ones I've gotten) in hopes that it might work for someone else! Who knew cooking could be so easy sometimes?