As requested. For you Mel!
I'll never take credit for recipes that aren't mine! --This is Mama's recipe..... when I say that it means she measures like this.....
" A pinch " "A dash" "Small hand full" "Taste it" " Eye ball it"
You get the point. So I'll do my best to convert from Cajun to English for you.
- 1 bag of light red kidney beans
- 1/2-1 green bell pepper
- 1 link of beef (you could use turkey) sausage
- half of a cap of liquid crab boil --- This is the secret ingredient!!!!!
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper
- beef broth/water
- Chop onion(s)
- I usually only do half a bell pepper, but it really does add lots of flavor, so use your judgment. I cut them in 4ths so I can just pull them out or push them aside when done. But you could chop them if you don't mind eating them.
- Chop your sausage links in little circles ( so they look like quarters )
- add every thing in crock pot.
- cover the beans with your beef broth and or water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve over rice with cornbread!