Monday, October 19, 2009

Food Food, and more FOOD!




Well I've been a cooking maniac! I love it though and really enjoy it! I've been steaming and cooking lots of food for the baby! The other night when we made pumkins, I decided to get a pie pumkin and cook it and make some for the baby. We haven't tried it yet ( we're giong to today) but it was fun to make. I just backed the pumkin, and then scooped out the " meat " and then mixed in a little butter, and cinnamon, and pureed it with a little milk. Melissa and I ate what was left over. ( minus the milk of course!)  I love making her food! To know that she's getting the purest freshest food, mixed with the best milk in the world for her is the greatest feeling! And what we don't freeze for her I eat. hehe.
On most days I just feed her fresh food for breakfast like avacado  and i've started mixing it with some of the other things like, pears as you see here! That way she's getting all of the benefits of the avacado, but the pears just make it taste yummy! Pears will also help keep her regulated :) When starting solids this is always a concern! I will also hard boil her some eggs and scoop the yolk out of them and mix it with her milk and she loves that! It's a little harder on her tummy so I only do this every few days for that much needed iron, and protein.
She absolutely loves eating her new foods!
MMMMMMMMM.....

She is definetely getting the hang of it. She knows when it's time to eat, and gets very excited! She will get frustrated if you don't get her the bite fast enough. And as you can see in the photo above, if you wipe her mouth, she will try and eat it as your trying to wipe her mouth, it's so funny!

So besides baby food, I've been making lots of other things that I don't usually make. I will soon be attempting to make some pumpkin pie cheesecake from a real pumpkin, and I can't wait! I made home made veggie soup ( alot of it ) and it was SOOOO yummy. I didn't even have any to freeze for later!


I bought these cookies from the neighbor girl, they are chunky chocolate brownie fudge cookies. I'm not sure what is in them exactly but I know that we made 2 dozen, and this was all that was left that same day

No really, I think I ate like 10 of them! O M G! Can we say TUB-TUB???

My husband loves pumpkin seeds from the pumpkins that we carve.
so I told him to call his mom ( who always makes them for him) and get her recipe and I will make some. So he gave me the jest of what she does, and I did some research and decided how long to cook and all that. They turned out really yummy BUT for the 1st time since we've been married for 4 years, I got the " They aren't like my mom's" line. Well I was under the impression that they are suppose to be crispy ( like they are when you buy them!) so I cooked them for about an hour on 250. Well the next day he tells me that he ask his mom and it's suppose to be on 325 for 20 minutes. Well YEAH that's gonna make a difference in the texture of them. So. No more pumkin seed cookin for me! LOL.  But we eat them anyways. :-) And it was fun, but too much work!

All in all, I enjoy creating and learning new meals. I'm constantly calling my mama for recipes ( which hubby LOVES) There's nothing like " mama's cooking"

No comments:

Post a Comment