Friday, October 22, 2010

Dora, is that you?

 


I walked in to my dim living room a few mornings ago, and thought that a huge blow up Dora doll was, yes, a person!

I was startled, jumped, and began to think......

What was it like before I had toys in every corner? Or before the time when I cleaned my house once a week, it stayed that way for the most part.
What was it like when I could just up and leave when I needed to. Not waiting for a sleeping baby to awake from her nap, or the night.

Truth be told. I don't know. I don't remember life before my girl!! I can't imagine my life any other way! I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with her so many hours a week and watch her grow. I know that it's time I'll never get back. Ever.

Even when it seems hard. I seem worn down and tired, I would never in a million years trade it for anything in this life! That is pure joy.

So, I try to remind myself when I look around and see a hurricane of toys (and non toys that have become toys) everywhere that it wont be this way for long. I'll blink and she will be in college. I'll be praying for the messy toy days!

If you guys know me well, you know that I like to keep a clean house. I like it to look neat, pretty much all the time. If I kept it neat all the time I would not sleep. Or be a lot more grumpy-- So something I've learned as a mother of a toddler, is this...

I've learned to get on the floor and play with her. Keep my basic cleaning done so that there is dishes in the cabinet, clothes on our back, and clean tubs to bathe in, and let life go on. In 20 years I wont care about a messy house!

I have a lot of mommy (and mommy to be ) friends, who can probably relate. I am just coming in to this understanding with in the last few months. And it's, well it's liberating.

I have a very small amount of time to enjoy this little face




No comments:

Post a Comment