Monday, October 4, 2010

It's racing season.

We've done a few races in the past few weeks. Now that the weather is cooling off, we are loving all these runs!

3 weekends ago we did the "Skirt Chasers" race. It was a really (( HOT!!!!)) fun race. Just a 5k. The girls got kilt looking running skirts since it was at the Scottish Festival. And they also got a 3 minute head start in front of the men. So... That's why they call it the Skirt Chasers. Such a fun race. We both got a PR on this race, even though it was so hot, and so hard!

Jess and I before the race.

Kat, Me,Chera, and Jess after the race.. They came to cheer us on! (By the way they are ELITE runners!!)

I can see the finish line!!!!!

Jessica and her friend who ran to pace her--

One cute boy, and I before the race.... This is before he killed me in time!

We are comparing bellies. She's 5 months preggo... I just wanted to make a big belly ;-)


The girls acting silly.... Pose!

"Can't catch this"

We also did the Susan G. Komen Race for the cure the following weekend. My friend Melissa works for the Cancer Treatment Center and this is a huge race for her. She also is the daughter in law of a survior....On top of those things, she has been training for her first post baby 5k. 

So I got us some matching shirts...Sparkly and pink of course!
And made us some ribbons for our hair!

I also made Gail (Mel's mother in law) a flower with a sparkly ribbon inside of a pink rose to wear


The girls...And Liam!

Almost to the finish! We can see it.....

Her goal was to finish in 32 minutes. She finished in 30:55.

We had a little "fan" waiting for us at the finish line!


The Punk Sparklers--- That's our team name!





This past weekend, Scott ran the ZOO run! It was a perfect day for a 10k!
I just went and supported him.

He did an amazing job! He ran a 10k (6.3 miles) in 53:30! That's wicked fast!!
Here he comes!!! Looking strong!                                                         







So needless to say, we're enjoying the racing season!




-- There are several races coming up in the fall that we are excited to do!

Here are also a few random snap shots (obviously taken with my phone, since I don't carry a CAMERA while running) from some of my runs. Some things take my breathe away, and I know that taking a picture will never portray what I actually see, but it's the memory!

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING!! I beat the sun up.

Sunset. We run this a lot at Melissa's place.

We got a random and SUDDEN down pour one night.. And ended up with this! Which eventually turned in to a double rainbow.


Meeting Jeanean and breaking up her 22 mile run so that she doesn't have to do it alone! We're switching off.
time to pop a bean or 3.


Shelly and I playing in the water fountain! It was a steamy one!!!
 SO if you are a runner. I recommend taking lots of pics for great memories! I love looking back at them. They all have stories. Enjoy being outside before it gets tooooooooooooo cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment