Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Cheer - - 2010!

Merry Christmas!!!!


We have been slowly working on decorating the house to get it ready for Christmas! We had to keep in mind a few things. When I say we " Put UP the tree.." I mean it is UP. As in elevated. I was going to upgrade to a 9 foot tree, since our 6.5 foot tree looks so small in our living room, but after thinking about it, I decided that I would just sit ours on a little TV stand we have to keep it up and above the baby's head. This has so far worked WELL! She still wants to play with the ornaments, but she's learning quickly that they are to look at and not touch. So Until I get more gifts under there it looks a little bare.
In the past few years, I've decorated our tree with blue and silver. I decided this year to throw some pink and purple in the mix. I got some pink and purple lights to go with the blue, and some blubs to match. I really like it, I just wish my purple lights were more purple, they look a lot like pink.

These pics are terrible. It really is prettier in person.   

I have even started wrapping gifts to put under the tree already.. 3 to be exact =)





We have our lights up on the house. Just need to add some more to the bottom of our garage.




Stockings are up.

Yes, Bruce has his own stocking too.
 "Buddy" our Elf on The Shelf  has come to visit! *PARENTS* If you have small children, please check out this website! It's such a fun tradition. We already LOVE it!!!




So, we are in full Christmas mode around here!!

 I still need to hang our mistletoe-toe, get a poinsettia for the kitchen table, and build some ginger bread houses to set out!

Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the time with your families, children and loved ones.. Indulge in those traditions. I know that with each year as we are decorating we always talk about things we did growing up, and it's so great

No comments:

Post a Comment