Monday, May 17, 2010

Aquarium Run



This past weekend, ( on top of the massive amount of other events I had going on) I ran the aquarium run. The weather was muggy, dark, and borderline rainy. It was at 7:45 am on a Saturday morning. My knee was a little bit in pain. I had 2 cakes to finish before 4 and 7 that night. Work. And I just down right didn't want to go! I had every excuse in the book not to go. But. I did. And I raced.

The FULL MOON run was the weekend before this one. I  was much more motivated, and pumped up about that one than the Aquarium Run!

Anyways, I'm glad I went. I had a good time running it. I think it was a pretty hard run for everyone. The humidity level was 94%. That makes it hard to breathe standing, let alone running! I finished the race in 33:17.  Which is still faster than most of my 5k's that I run during the week. But I wasn't happy with my time at all.
Scott on the other hand had a HUGE PR!!! He finished in 28:52!!! That shaved of f 2 minutes and 14 seconds from this prior race. That's AWESOME!! I was so proud of him!

The course was fun, it took us across the riverwalk and in to the neighborhoods. It was fun to see all the people sitting on their porches watching us and cheering us on. (while drinking their coffee!)

We also hung around to see some of our friends come in from the HALF marathon. (13.1 miles). If you have never been inspired or touched by anything. Go stand at a finish line for something like that. There were people in their late 60's and even in the 70's running this half marathon. Some who ran it for the 1st time, run across the finish line and just become overwhelmed with emotion. That self satisfaction takes over them.... they would just lay down and cry. Some were ran in on the last stretch with their kids, or friends and family members...
My favorite thing in the world, was seeing my baby girl there after the race was over! I was so happy that she was able to come see me!! She enjoyed some chocolate milk and apples as well.





After posting these pics, I came to realize, I didn't take any of us! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment